OTSO Foam Separators aggressively minimize the impact of foam on the separator size and performance, via an inlet vortex tube cluster, which leverages the momentum of the flow stream inlet to mitigate any existing foam. The high-powered, yet controlled, angular velocity of fluids produces the appropriate between liquid and gas. This causes waves and ripple that help to coalesce the liquid, creating larger droplets. The result is excellent separation, without the need for other additives. Our efficient Foam Separator unit performs both 2-phase and 3-phase separation for gas/liquid and gas/liquid/liquid applications, respectively.
The OTSO Foam Separator provides the following main benefits to customers:
- Removes 99.9% of solids <.3 micron
- Removes entrained liquid particles down to <1 micron
- Reduces gas under carry
- Improves water cur and oil in water
- Promotes coalescence of smaller droplets to larger droplets
- Reduces residence time in the quiescent zone of the vessel (during periods of no flow)