Slug catcher (Standard)
OTSO Slug Catchers are designed to handle slugging issues that arise while transporting mixed-phase flow in pipelines over long distances; or across fluctuating elevations in the line, where liquids have a tendency to collect in low spots and then suddenly burp over. At velocities commonly experienced by process, production, and transportation systems, periodic slug flow occurs often in a varying but somewhat consistent pattern.
The OTSO Slug Catcher provides the following main benefits to customers:
- Mitigates slug formation in pipelines
- Contains slug storage volume between the normal liquid level (NLL) and the high level switch (LSH)
- Prevents the oil layer from rising above the oil bucket spillover lip
- Ensures large amounts of oil don’t underflow the bucket into the water section
- Maintains oil-water segregation with a fixed weir design